Airports in Uzbekistan
In Uzbekistan, there are 6 international (Tashkent, Samarkand, Bukhara, Urgench, Termez and Navoi) and 5 regional airports.
Tashkent airport is located 5 km from the city center. Regular flights of 18 airlines fly to this airport.
If you have nothing to say you do not need to fill out customs declaration form .The following items must be submitted to the statement :
Free import by persons 16 years of age and older:
- 10 packs of cigarettes or equivalent of all kinds of tobacco products;
- 2 liters of alcoholic beverages;
- 2 pieces of perfume for personal use;
- 5 kilograms of candies;
- 5 items of jewelry made of precious metals and stones (total weight may not exceed 30 grams);
- goods up to USD 10.- for personal use imported from Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan;
- goods up to USD 1,000.- for personal use imported from other countries.
Arms and Ammunition regulations:
Prohibited: all kinds of explosives and pyrotechnics.
Import clearance is required for weapons and ammunition.
Wild Fauna and Flora:
The import of certain endangered species of plant, live animals and their products is prohibited or restricted under CITES.
For further details please refer to CITES: www.cites.org.
Additional Information on regulations:
Vegetative and animal products require a permit from the Sanitary-Epidemiological Service.
Import clearance required for radio-electronic facilities, high-frequency devices, antiques and art.
- photographs and printed matter directed against Uzbekistan;
- narcotics (opium, hashish, etc.);
- pornographic content;
- unmanned aerial vehicles (like drones);
- laser emitters.
- firearms and ammunition;
- precious metals (gold, silver, etc.) and articles made thereof, except if such articles are personal effects of the passenger (e.g. personal jewelry) and declared upon arrival;
- articles containing precious stones and/or real pearls;
- antiquities and art objects (subject to duty and special permit from the Ministry of Culture);
Cats, dogs and birds (except pigeons) must be accompanied by veterinarian health certificate with seal of local Board of Health issued not more than ten days prior to arrival. Pets are generally not permitted in hotels. Pigeons are prohibited.
Baggage Clearance regulations:
Baggage is cleared at the first airport of entry in Uzbekistan.
Exempt: baggage of transit passengers with a destination outside of Uzbekistan.
It is possible to obtain a visa at the international arrivals lounge of Tashkent International Airport, if both of the following conditions are met:
- There is no Uzbekistan Embassy or Consulate in the country, where you are originating your flight to Uzbekistan,
- Connecting flight to Uzbekistan, in the country where Uzbekistan Embassy or Consulate exists, does not provide enough time to obtain a visa.