8 Days tour to the Terskey-Alatoo mountain range. These are the mountains which frame beautiful lake Issyk Kul (1600 m above sea level) - 2nd largest mountain lake in the world.
You will see grandiose 5000 m mountains of Terskey - peak Karakolskiy, Djigit, Oguz Bashi and others; mighty Tyan-Shan firs, immense glaciers and fantastic landscapes of one of the most beautiful mountain in the world named eastern Tyan-Shan with its legendary peaks Han-Tengry and Pobeda (Victory peak). Clear sky, bright sun, virgin snow fields, hot springs and Asian hospitality is a real paradise for Heliski and heliboarding! Duration: 9 days The tour includes 10 hours of helicopter time (9 hours for heliski, 1 hour for transfer to skiresort), usually 5-7 runs per day, accommodation in "Karakol" mountain base, full board, all transfers.
"Karakol" Mountain Base
Mountain base is located in Kirgizstan, 400 km from Bishkek and 7 km from Karakol town on the Tyan Shan mountainside. The base is situated in the forest, 2300 meters above sea level. The mountain base possesses:
· Hotel rooms
· Restaurant, night bar
· Billiard, table-tennis
· 3 ski-lifts + chairlift (with highest point of 3040 meters)
The region has mild climate grace to the Issik-Kul non-frozing lake. An average temperature in winter is -0 -10C. Ski season lasts from November till May. Resort description Resort has more than 20 km of trails which can satisfy both professional rider and beginner. Ski area features wide spacious descents both on country side and specially prepared slopes. The length of descent can vary from 400 meters to 3,5 km; most trails lay over the coniferous forest. You can ski at different height. Toplift is located on 3040 m. Average vertical drop is 800 m; minimum down gradient 7%, maximum - 53%. You can see nearest 5000 meters tall mountains and famous Issik-Kul Lake from the top summit of the resort. There is rent-office of "Rossignol" equipment in the resort. Accommodation Mountain base "Karakol" offers rooms in the main building and 2 chalets. Main building has 10 rooms (6 double rooms and 4 triples). All rooms have all necessary for your comfortable accommodation, each room has private shower/wc.
Sample program of the tour
Friday Flight from Europe to Bishkek
Day 1. Saturday
Arrival to Bishkek airport. Meeting in the airport, transfer to Bishkek, breakfast. Transfer to "Karakol" mountain base (400 km). The road lies over picturesque Boomskoye Canyon, along the coastline of the most beautiful in the world Issik-Kul lake; it's second biggest mountain’s lake in the world after Titicaca lake in Peru. Check in "Karakol" mountain base. Main instructions in safety measures. Rest and acclimatization.
Days 2-7. Sunday — Friday 08:00 Breakfast 09:00 Departure to Heliski areas 12:00 Lunch in the mountains 15:00 Return to the hotel 18:00 Sauna 19:00 Transfer to Bishkek.
Day 8. Saturday
Transfer to the airport “Manas”(Bishkek), registration early morning. Departure from Bishkek airport
The program includes:
· 9 hours of helicopter time for heliski and 1 hour transfer
· Accommodation in standard double rooms of "Karakol" mountain base – 7 nights;
· All group transfers mentioned in the program (Bishkek airport - "Karakol" mountain base; "Karakol" mountain base - Bishkek airport);
· Full board meals
· Service of professional heliski-guides;
· Avalanche equipment: sensors (transceivers), backpacks, shovels, probes.
· Daily sauna (2 hours for 10-12 pax)
Optional (is not included in the price of the tour):
· Skiing in Ski Resort (20$ per person per day)
· Riding on snowmobiles Yamaha (115$ per hour)
· Bar, disco, billiard, karaoke
The program doesn't include:
· air tickets, all airport taxes;
· ski, snowboard and other equipment rental fee;
· emergency evacuation fee;
· visa and other consular service (Kirgizstan visa is required for the foreign visitors, not for Russians, UE, USA, Canada and Japon);
· individual menu (drinks and meals not included to the group menu);
· additional expenses caused by bad weather conditions, airport time-table changes, equipment breakage, illness etc;
· luggage exceeding fee;
· additional cost for single accommodation in "Karakol" is 280$ for 7 nights;
· individual expenses in the hotel: bar, international calls etc.
· other expenses like other services if bad weather conditions, ticket booking extra-services, break of personal equipment, illness, or others non-services noted in the program
Prices based on a group of 13 people minimum
Currency Price USD 4890 (Karakol Ski base hotel 2*)
Remarks: The price can change if there is any important fluctuation of the change (€, $, KGS, RBL) or important increase of the cost of the helicopter.
Price for the program, without heliskiing 1400 $; Additional heliskiing is available at +260 $ per helicopter hour, per person; Refund for every “unused” helicopter hour -180 $. Supplement for single room: +280$
- Organization of the stay
- All transfers in vehicle incl. A / R airport
- French speaking tour guide
- Full board incl. drinking water
- Accommodation described in the program
- Carrying luggage during trekking and horse riding
- Rent camping equipment (tents, mats, kitchen utensils)
- All the visits indicated in the program
- Entry fees at national parks or nature reserves
- Entry fees at museums mentioned in the program
- National or regional flights specified in the program
- Insurance repatriation and CR insurance
- International airfare and taxes
- Alcohol or sweetened mineral water
- Additional services not mentioned in the program
- Staff costs and rental of personal equipment (ATV, sleeping bag, water bottle, flashlight, etc.)
- Additional costs due to personal problems (health, loss of luggage, etc.)
Since July 27, 2012, the visa is not any more required for the persons of Swiss, EU, US, Canadian and Japanese nationalities (in total 44 new countries, for more information visit www.nomadsland.kg); passport should be with minimum of 6 months validity for period of 60 days maximum. Vaccination is not mandatory.
This is a draft program. It can be changed due to changes of flight schedules, safetely reasons, weather conditions and others imponderable or unforeseen conditions. Only our tour guide is authorized to take the necessary decisions. Prices are calculated daily and are subject to change in case of wide fluctuations in prices or exchange rates.
Though Kyrgyzstan evidenced caravans over 3000 years it is still a young developing country and infrastructure of villages is not at a very high level. Refusing hospitality might be offensive and in order to avoid misunderstanding one had better to read some guidebooks and other books about Kyrgyzstan before getting prepared to visit.
Hope to see you soon.
Nomad’s Land Team
On your way
Tired of skiing the same resorts and cutting the same lines?
Are you looking for a backcountry adventure where you're able to ski from the doors of your camp?
Here at Nomad's Land, we have the local knowledge of the best places to ski tour and which aspects are the safest to ski.
On our tours, we love to have a mix of skinning, skiing, horseback riding, snowshoeing and cat skiing in one tour.
In addition, we have some really amazing base camps, ski in ski out Yurts near Karakol, guesthouses at the foot of the mountains in Chong Kemin and Arslanbob, amazing alpine huts in Altyn-Arashan and Chong Kyzyl Suu and even in Suusamyr.
Depending on the wishes of our guests we are able to provide them Kyrgyz, Russian and Swiss Guides or you can bring your own guide with you.
No matter what type of adventure you're looking for, we have the experience and local knowledge to make your trip to Kyrgyzstan unforgettable.
- This is the place to build your own trip by collecting and ordering the journeys you like.
- Your roadbook is empty